Creative Research Systems offers both Web survey software and full-service
Web survey hosting.
There are two ways to do online surveys using the Web/Internet or an intranet: e-mail and Web page.
When using e-mail surveys you send a survey to a list of respondents, then they reply with
their answers. When using Web page surveys, you post your questionnaire on a Web
page. People then visit that page and answer your questions. The Survey System's
Module includes both types of surveys. Email surveys
are described on a separate page. Web page surveys are described here.
Samples are presented below.
As part of a comprehensive survey software solution, The Survey System's Web page
questionnaires offer sophisticated questionnaire logic features not found in
most "Web survey" packages. These features mean higher quality
data. After you collect your data, you can produce more impressive tables,
charts and text reports than you can with other packages. You
can even produce reports online.
benefit of this comprehensive solution is that you enter your question and
answer choice text and any logic instructions only once. Then you can use
them for Web page surveys, email surveys, paper questionnaires and
- Put all your questions on a single page or divide them into as many pages as
- Use background colors or images and logos
- Vary fonts and colors in your question text
- Set left
and right margins
- Show pictures and video
- Play sound files
- Use option buttons, checkboxes, drop down lists and text fields
- Make buttons and boxes larger than standard size
- Show related questions in grid format
- Optionally show your questionnaire as a data entry form
- Use your site's page template
- Include links that pop-up other sites or pages
- Save your choices in a file to reuse as needed
- Use individual or overall passwords to control who completes your
- Skip questions based on answers to other questions
- Show previous answers in the text of current questions
- Only show answer choices that were picked (or were not picked) in a
- Randomize answer choice order
- Randomize question order
- Calculate values
- Require answers to some or all questions
- Show a running total of a series of related answers and check the
- Check that answers are not higher numbers than allowed
- Make sure answers such as "None" cannot be picked together
with another choice
- Combine Web survey answers with previous information from the same
- Establish quotas to achieve a balance of different kinds of people
- Email invitations to people to take your survey
- Include individual names and passwords
- Include passwords in a link to the start of a survey -
recipients do not have to enter them
- Email reminder messages to those who have not completed a survey or
thank-you messages to those who have
- Send email automatically from Web surveys to thank respondents or to
alert management to dissatisfied clients
These sample questionnaires are designed to illustrate some features
of our software. They are not intended as model questionnaires per se.
Please try them all. They illustrate some different appearance choices and
Employee Sample - a multi-page survey with a
grid question and images
Lifestyle Sample -
a one-page survey that includes section breaks and a colored grid
Video Sample - a survey with two types of streaming video and automatic return to this page
Health Sample - a survey that includes
branching and piping and randomizes question order
Product Sample - a survey that illustrates
the password feature and how it can bring in information you already
have about people. Is also has a ranking question and shows a progress bar and custom
forward and back buttons
Background Sample - a page from a survey by Evidens onderzoekdiensten
that uses a background image to match their client's Web site
Form Sample - a registration form.
This example shows how The Survey System can insert a questionnaire into
a site's template page, making a survey conform to a site's look
Web page surveys must be hosted on a Windows-based Web server. A major advantage of using
Windows to host surveys is that you can test the actual survey using your
browser on your own PC
before uploading it to the Web server.
If your site is not
on a Windows server, we offer Web survey
pages can look like part of your site.
To enhance security, the instructions and data can be stored in a folder that is not
set up to be accessible from the Web.